Stop by and visit with us at our next scheduled match. We will be delighted to show you around, meet the members, and provide news & history of our club.
Men, women’s & junior black powder percussion or flint rifle, Trade gun, and pistol matches using patched round balls are held monthly. These are competitive matches with pins & ribbons awarded monthly, and medallions quarterly.
Getting started in Muzzleloading –NMLRA LINK
Florida Frontiersmen, Inc. Muzzleloading Ranges
- Only black powder or its equivalent such as Pyrodex is permitted.
- Round ball with patch – no sabots and/or formed conical projectiles – all loading must be done from the muzzle not the breach. Buckshot must be used on the shotgun range.
- Snaphaunce Lock
- Open sights, buckhorn sights and peep sights all fixed without assistance of optics – No open fiber optic sights
- All muzzleloaders must have a “half cock” position or equivalent to render the gun safe and the trigger ineffective
- Smooth bore, flintlock with a front beaded sight or blade only used on the Trade gun
- Spotting scopes and tripods are permitted when set up behind the loading tables on the paper range. No modern spotting scopes are permitted on primitive and woods walks.
- Navy, Colt and other revolvers of the mid-1800’s, can be used provided that only one cylinder is loaded at a time.
- No inline black powder rifles and/or pistols
Link to > NMLRA’s How to Load a Muzzleloader
Link to >FFI’s Range Rules, Scoring, and Safety